5 Stoner Movies to Enjoy While Vaping
Two of my favorite things to do are watch movies and enjoy a quality vaporizer. The common denominator? They both involve sitting on my lazy Midwestern ass chillaxing the fuck out. Though I gotta tell ya: what’s even better is doing both at the same damn time! Now, I realize this list is going to spark some debate. After all, there are quite a few awesome stoner films out there, and many of them did not make this list. If you disagree please feel free to list your nominees in the comments below. However, I highly recommend adding each of these vaporizer movies to your DVD/Blu-Ray collection.
Without further ado, here are my 5 favorite films to watch while vaping:
1. Pineapple Express – Any vapor enthusiast worth his or her salt has got to own this Seth Rogen comedy about a process server and his pot dealer who wind up on the lam after witnessing a murder involving the dealer’s boss and the titular strain of weed. My favorite line has got to be Danny McBride going “You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, motherfucker!”
2. Half Baked – Dave Chappelle, Jim Breuer, Harlan Williams, and Guillermo Diaz star in this super-quotable 1998 comedy about a pair of buddies who concoct a series of cockamamie schemes to bust their friend out of prison. The best quote IMHO: “Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you’re cool, and fuck you, I’m out!”
3. Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical – This hilarious re-imagining of the outrageous 1936 propaganda film is a campy, tongue-in-cheek romp through the gamut of musical theater tropes and archetypes. The movie features Christian Campbell and Kristen Bell as Jimmy Harper and Mary Lane, a pair of star-crossed lovers intertwined in an over-the-top descent into drugs, depravity and death precipitated by sleazy kingpin Jack Stone (played to the hilt by Steven Weber), the purveyor of the town’s new drug menace — MARIJUANA!
Memorable performances include: Ana Gastayer as the beleaguered Mae Coleman, Alan Cumming as a chamaeleon-like Narrator, and Robert Torti as (wait for it) Jesus Christ himself.
4. Hot Rod – Andy Samberg and his Lonely Island pal Jorma Taccone star in this ridiculous comedy about a wanna-be daredevil who attempts to wow his friends, foes and neighborhood hottie (played by the amazing Isla Fisher) by attempting outlandish stunts on homemade ramps and luge courses. This movie was written by Pam Brady, who wrote South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut and features awesome guest performances by Will Arnett, Bill Hader, Ian McShane, Sissy Spacek, and Danny McBride.
Note to stoners: you’ll never order “whiskey” the same way again.
5. This is the End – Seth Rogen’s brand new apocalyptic comedy features James Franco, Craig Robinson, Jonah Hill, and Jay Baruchel as well as cameos from Michael Cera, Emma Watson, as well as the Volcano and VaporBrothers vaporizers. This is Rogen’s directorial debut and I’ve gotta say he knocks it out of the park. The suspense is well wrought, the comedy is classic Apatow-style, and Emma Watson’s cameo is utterly mind-blowing. Grab your favorite vaporizer pen and see this shit while it’s still on the big screen!
Okay, that wraps up my Top 5. What do you guys think? Leave your Top 5 Vaping Movies in the comments below!